Oh baby, is it getting cold outside! While we love to play in the snow that the winter brings, we also appreciate being able to go inside, where our house is warm. Unfortunately, we’re not the only ones who appreciate a warm, dry home when the harsh winter hits the Idaho Falls, ID area. That’s right, pests are also out and looking for a more favorable spot to spend the next few months. They might find your home the perfect place and be reluctant to leave once the weather turns again.
Prepare Your Home
At Pest Control Services, we often get calls from distressed homeowners when they realize that unwanted guests have invaded their home for the winter. While we love providing our clients with the best possible pest control services, we would also like to help you avoid these situations. Here are a few tips on preparing your home for the winter that will make it a little more difficult for the pests that no one wants to find their way into your home.
- Pre-treat your home. It can’t be overstated how effective a professional pre-treatment can be in preventing any pests from inhabiting your home can be. Ideally, this should be done before the cold weather hits, but there’s never a wrong time to get started. Our technicians can treat all areas of your home, including attics, to help keep you pest-free all winter
- Visually inspect your home and roofline for defects. Any area where your siding might be loose, or your eaves and gutters have separated, is an ideal spot for an opportunistic pest to find an entry point.
- Don’t forget your vents. Dryer and other external vents are often favored spots to nest, due to the frequent heat that comes through them. Be sure all are covered to help deter entry.
- Don’t forget your landscaping and foundation. Shrubs, bushes and trees can be sprayed in the fall, and your foundation can be treated in spring and fall. Pre-treating these areas will help prevent both your yard and your home from becoming host to pests.
- Don’t use sprays, deterrents or other pest control with questionable ingredients when DIY-ing the job. Our technicians use eco-friendly formulas to protect your home and your family.
If you’d like our professional services to help ready your home this winter, or anytime, contact Pest Control Services today. One of our licensed technicians would be happy to help you prepare your home for an enjoyable season.